Bathurst » HistoricalBack

All Places of Interest Arts and Crafts Farm Stalls Game Parks | Nature Reserves Historical Landmarks | monuments

Bathurst Agricultural Museum

Situated 1km from the Pig & Whistle on the R67 to Grahamstown.   Open Monday – Saturday 9.00 – 16.00&nbs...

t: 0799879507
c: 0836274351
Trappes Road, Bathurst

Visit website

Bathurst Methodist Church

Built by Samuel Bradshaw, this church opened in 1832 and was besieged in the frontier wars. The church was originally constructed ...

Donkin Terrace, Bathurst

Bathurst Primary School

The original building, according to 1820 maps, show the land to be "Gov Camp and lot 64, leased to the school". Rev Boardman start...

Donkin Terrace, Bathurst

Big Pineapple

The big pineapple is 16.7m high and has 3 floors. It is the biggest pineapple in the world! The ground floor has a gift shop full ...

t: 046 625 0515
Summerhill Farm, Kowie Road, Bathurst

Bleak House

A beautiful old Settler Home, with exquisite yellow wood floors. Built for Lt. Alexander Bisset and restored by Brigidier Nauhaus ...

t: 046-625-0995
Nico Malan Drive

Bradshaw Mill

The birthplace of the wool industry in South Africa, this national monument was built in 1821 by Samuel Bradshaw. The original str...

c: 076 294 6516
Bathurst village

Methodist church

Built by Samuel Bradshaw in 1832, the original construction had a thatch roof.    The porch was added later. &...

Morley House Historical Accommodation and Tea Garden

Accommodation in a 3 bedroom self catering historical cottage or on a B & B basis in a rondavel or safari tent set in a large ...

t: 046 625 0019
c: 078 353 6181
1521 Kowie Road, Bathurst 6166

Visit website

Pig and Whistle Hotel

Old fashioned country charm and comfort. Established in 1832, this is South Africa's oldest licensed premises. Family rooms, en-su...

t: 046 625 0673
268 Kowie Road, Bathurst

Visit website

Power Magazine

The historic powder magazine was erected in 1821 and carried, as regular stock, approximately 273 kilograms of gunpowder, 7 000 ba...

St Johns Anglican Church

Oldest Anglican Church in SA. A sanctuary in the frontier wars for hundreds of settlers. Designed by Major Mitchel R.E. and built ...

t: 046-625-0464
Donkin Terrace


The toposcope marks the spot where the 1820 Settlers locations were surveyed. 57 bronze plaques record details of settlements. On ...

Trappes Street