The birthplace of the wool industry in South Africa, this national monument was built in 1821 by Samuel Bradshaw. The original structure was double storeyed with a roof of slate from North Wales. In 1825 wool from the settlers? sheep was being used to make coarse cloth. Years later, a third brick storey was added and corn milling began. The mill has been restored and contains a working reconstructed water wheel.